Legal Counsel - VR/28616
TMM Recruitment is working closely with a leading research company based in the City Centre of Aberdeen to find the right person to join their team as Legal Counsel. This role is available on a full or part-time, permanent basis where you will play a crucial role in ensuring legal compliance and providing expert advice on a range of matters.
This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking research and innovation with a flexible working pattern on offer to maximise your chance of balancing work and life outside of work.
Provide legal advice to internal stakeholders and support with external operations and transactions as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting with contract review and negotiation.
- Supporting with company secretarial duties for UK companies.
- Supporting with corporate transactions.
- Supporting the main priorities of the company, including but not limited to, regulatory approval and commercialisation launch.
- Ensure legal department adheres to all company SOPs and internal QA guidance.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Inhouse procurement/subcontractor management experience, preferred.
- Proven experience of drafting contracts, face to face negotiating and finalising vendor contracts using a risk-based, pragmatic approach.
- Proven experience in company secretarial work and liaising with our external company secretary to ensure compliance with UK Companies Act.
- Proven experience in corporate transactions and management of data rooms.
- Experience in data protection compliance.
- Experience of working within a process-driven environment, for example, by following Standard Operating Procedures or RACI matrices.
- Admitted as a Notary Public, registered with FCO is beneficial.
- Ability to build internal networks with colleagues across disciplines.
- Ability to distil complex legal principles into useful, practical advice for non-lawyers.
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Diploma of Legal Practice.
- Qualified as a solicitor in a UK jurisdiction.
- Current Practicing Certificate.
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team