Logistics Assistant - VR/28291
Logistics Assistant required for a 4-6-month temporary contract for a company providing technology solutions to energy industry.
In this role, you will be responsible to help with the warehouse and logistics duties for a 4–6-month period, with the possibility of extending.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Creating delivery tickets/proforma invoices.
- Preparing commercial invoice and packing list for freight going outside of the UK.
- Requesting quotes and arranging transport through the businesses Freight Forwards.
- Providing clearance instructions for Imports/Exports into the UK.
- Chasing up for import and export paperwork.
- Ensuring all equipment movements are in accordance to load out list/manifest for jobs.
- Packing/labeling dangerous goods.
- Upkeeping asset management with respect to movements in and out of the base.
- Arranging for inspection and certification checks of CCU and other equipment hired by the company.
- Loading/unloading shipments from delivery vans.
- Packing/unpacking shipments, involving strapping, and wrapping.
- Assisting with general office duties such as filing, scanning, and archiving.
- General tiding of the logistics area and workshop.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of following policies and procedures.
- Able to prioritise workloads.
- Good communication skills.
- Adaptable attitude to work and change to meet service needs.
- Customer friendly approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of customs.
- Dangerous Goods by sea.
- Forklift license (preferred but not essential).
- Proficient in excel and word and computer literate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision software would be advantageous.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team