Logistics Director - VR/22116
Logistics Director required to join an organisation providing speciality chemical services to the oil and gas industry. Reporting to the VP Supply Chain and with remit for operations in the Eastern Hemisphere, this is a fantastic opportunity to shape logistics and drive change across the region, in a true end-to-end logistics role.
As Logistics Director, your objective will be to oversee and deliver a best in class ‘delivery in full, on time’ and end-to-end competitive logistics costs. The scope of this role includes warehousing and plant logistics, freight and cargo, logistics strategy and implementation, as well as performance management, reporting and process optimisation.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Setting expectations and driving results to improve safety and service performance.
- Delivering a step-change in warehousing, freight, and customs management, focusing on establishing best practices and implementing robust reporting.
- Ensuring customs and freight compliance across the Eastern Hemisphere.
- Overseeing the efficiency, effectiveness and costs of internal / external logistics and warehousing operations.
- Managing staffing needs for onsite fulfilment, training, and delivery.
- Working closely with procurement to establish and maintain ongoing 3PL/LSP vendors qualification procedure and hold vendors accountable to acceptable performance standards.
- Managing logistics risks.
- Planning and directing the activities of direct reports so that maximum, measurable results are achieved.
- Conducting staff performance reviews; establishing goals, objectives, and training for staff.
- Building a talent pipeline and developing internal competencies based on strategic objectives.
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching your organisation.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a senior logistics capacity, with a demonstrable track record of success; ideally reinforced with a degree qualification in Business, Engineering or Transportation. You should have a strong customer focus and be capable of negotiation large contracts.
This position is well-suited to a passionate logistics management professional seeking a new challenge with an organisation where you will be able to make a positive impact and have the ability to shape your career.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team