Maintenance Engineer – Mechanical (Hands-On) – VR/23856
The Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical is responsible for assisting the Engineering and Fabrication Supervisor in the effective and efficient running of all process related departments and projects, ultimately achieving optimum results.
Reporting to the Engineering and Fabrications Supervisor the following specific job responsibilities relate to this position:
- Inspecting and maintaining equipment to avoid malfunction and other problems with equipment.
- Ensuring equipment is working and not in danger of breaking down.
- Performing routine inspections, fault finding and preventive maintenance on machines to keep them running smoothly.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the problem when a machine breaks down and assessing whether parts can be repaired or need to be replaced.
- Liaising with the Stores and Procurement Controller, ensuring any requirement for material and parts is communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- Repairing heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in the engineering and other industrial production processes.
- Undertaking in-house project work when required, such as design, fabrication and installation of equipment.
- Ensuring a full and comprehensive handover with Engineering Team Members at shift change.
- Making any required upgrades or changes to established systems to improve or prolong efficiency.
- Meeting engineering quality / manufacturing standards and specifications whilst achieving efficiency targets.
- Communicating, implementing and monitoring adherence to Company policies, procedures and standards, including operational, technical, Health & Safety and Human Resources to ensure the Company operates within legal and best practice guidelines.
- Actively identifying and implementing methods of improving performance and the effectiveness of processes, systems and practices by using observation and feedback ultimately maximising value and minimising waste / costs.
- Making informed decisions by taking into account and evaluating all appropriate information including the impact the decision will have.
- Ensuring target, production and quality parameters are achieved.
- Taking ownership for on-going personal professional development seeking learning opportunities that will be useful for career progression.
- Attending Engineering Team meetings and attending relevant meetings as required.
- Liaising and being point of contact for outside contractors working on-site.
- Supporting the Engineering and Fabrications Supervisor.
- Completing on call duties, recording utility readings and carrying out routine inspection checks when required.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Demonstrating a commitment to ongoing continuous professional development.
- Working with the management systems to provide an excellent service to the business, its suppliers and customers.
- Forward thinking with the ability to operate in a logical and strategic manner.
- Having sound judgement and decision-making skills to consider costs and benefits of potential actions whilst choosing the most appropriate option.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to timescales and deadlines.
- Computer Literacy.
- Effective time management.
- Be a team player.
- Level 3 Certificate in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Engineering / Maintenance role.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team