Maintenance & Network IT Technician - VR/23422
TMM Recruitment are working with a global renewable energy organisation on a role to incorporate a new technician into its team to work on a prominent on-going project in the North East of Scotland. This permanent role will be based in Tullos but will also involve some offshore work - although not overnight stays - and is an ideal role for some who is eager to develop a career in this sector which will have a positive impact in society as well as developing their own professional prospects. This fascinating opportunity requires an individual with a technical focus and interest in IT, communications and networking but who also has practical experience in hands-on maintenance work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on operation and maintenance of wind turbine floating foundations, including:
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and configuration of Windfarm networks
- Monitoring and operation of the floating platform
- Preventive maintenance of floating platform systems: planification and execution
- Troubleshooting remotely and offshore of platform systems issues.
- Corrective Maintenance
- Sourcing of materials, parts, and external services
- Reporting on floating foundation operation and maintenance
- Inspections of wind turbine foundations:
- Participation in inspections planning
- Participation in sourcing of third party subcontractors
- Planning of activities with subcontractors
- Offshore facilitation and monitoring of inspection activities
- Supervision of inspection reporting
- Support Wind Farm Supervisor with other activities including:
- Liaison with WTG OEM
- Liaison with other offshore and onshore subcontractors
- Warehouse / parts planning and control
- Substation maintenance
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical degree in IT or communications.
- Training and / or experience in communications, network administration and systems administration
- Knowledge and experience in Cybersecurity a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in PLC programming and SCADA a plus.
- Computer literate: able to use MS Office, database and report management systems.
- Teamwork, collaboration and willingness to take over responsibility.
- Independence and autonomy to establish and execute work plan.
- Travel when required to other destinations related to the project.
- Some knowledge of Spanish would be a plus.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team