Manufacturing Engineer - VR/26865
We are looking to recruit a manufacturing engineer on a permanent staff basis for our manufacturing client based in Bridge of Don.
Overview job description
- Leading CI Teams in support of improvements throughout the business to improve manufacturing processes, safety, productivity, quality and costs.
- Assisting in root cause analysis and permanent fix solutions.
- Supporting Production Teams in process improvements and new product development / introduction as and when required.
- Conducting process studies using problem solving techniques and organising and running trials.
- Performing investigations and studies into methods of work, processes, engineering, and other manufacturing areas as required, identifying potential concerns or opportunities for improvements and initiate actions to resolve concerns, deliver improvements and efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of strategic improvement projects.
- Assisting with the compilation of technical information and produce technical and associated management reports as required.
- Assisting as required, other members of the Production and Maintenance Teams, in minimising downtime of plant, whilst ensuring process compliance.
- Preparing training information, delivery of training, coaching and development programmes for other production personnel as and when required.
- Supporting when required optimised running of the threading lathes by forward planning for CNC programs, drawings, adherence to company specifications, inserts and other tooling according to forward production planning needs.
Applicants to this role require
- Green Belt certification in Six Sigma – desirable.
- Must possess a degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering related discipline or equivalent career experience of 5 + years in a machining / programming environment.
- Possess a knowledge of production systems and processes.
- Possess a knowledge of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational, presentation, negotiating and interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise others.
- Good user knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), as the post holder will require to compile and produce reports and presentations.
- Must possess experience of CNC programming.
- Must possess experience of using AutoCAD.
- Possess project management experience with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate multiple tasks, allocating resources accordingly.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team