Marine Operations Focal Point - VR/23500
12-month contract vacancy for an experienced Marine Operations Focal Point (Marine Logistics) to work with an E&P company in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen. This role will also require offshore travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the daily management of all PSV, ERRV and AHV vessels.
- Arranging and coordinating chartering of spot hire vessels.
- Participating in regular vessel visits.
- Gaining a sound understanding of the various function’s logistics undertake to support the business, including Air Operations.
- Participating as a member of the Emergency Response support to the Logistics / Operations Team and must be available 24 hours when on call.
- When required, attending operations, drilling and project meetings on behalf of logistics.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of budget preparation and cost control.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Invoice verification and processing.
- Undertaking occasional offshore visit and vessel sailings.
- Assisting with the management of marine vessel assurance.
- Ensuring marine activities comply with Maritime Regulations and legislation.
- Assisting with Shuttle Tanker vetting and inspections.
- Managing and developing PSV vessel operations and pooling arrangements.
- Providing support in relation to specialist Marine requirements e.g. rig moves.
- Liaising with industry groups e.g. UKOOA, Marine Safety Forum, and interfacing with regulatory bodies and other offshore stakeholders.
- Complying with industry guidelines and supports any new Safety initiatives.
- Assisting with raising the necessary POs for third party contractor work.
Applicants to this vacancy should have proven, relevant experience in a marine logistics environment in the oil and gas industry. You’ll need the ability to build and manage budgets, as well as managing spend and costs. You should be IT literate, proactive and pragmatic, capable of delivering results and managing a busy workload.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team