Marine Technician / Base Team Lead (Anchoring / Mooring) - VR/23642
We are currently working on a Marine Technician / Base Team Lead role for our client.
- Predominantly an onshore role. This is more of a supervisory position so the ideal person should have supervisory experience, controlling operations; running a mob and demob shifts.
- Permanent / staff role.
- Start date ideally before end of November / early December so there is a handover period.
- Mandatory training will be provided for plant machinery, tickets etc.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Controlling projects including planning, picking, packing and preparations of equipment as directed.
- Maintaining and refurbishing equipment as per company guidelines Assisting in preparation of equipment for load out.
- Supervising and assisting planning and coordination of mob and demob of equipment.
- Assisting in updating the company asset management system.
- Forklift operations and use of other plant machinery as required. Routine and annual equipment inspections.
- Offshore duties as per company / operational requirements including safe, effective and documented deployment of equipment.
- General housekeeping.
- Ensuring that all responsibilities are conducted in accordance with CMS requirements.
Competencies & Skills:
- Safety minded (HSSEQ focused) approach to all tasks at all times. Demonstrable supervisory skills.
- Self-disciplined approach to tasks and can work harmoniously as part of a team. Plant machinery certification.
- Emergency first aid at work certification.
- Educated to SQA National 4 level or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in computer use.
- Wide offshore and quayside experience, including on anchor handling vessels preferable Experience in similar role within yard / workshop environment.
- Knowledge of lifting operations.
- Supervisory skills, planning and coordination and HSSEQ focus (probably from a marine, offshore or subsea contractor background).
- Quayside experience preferable.
- Offshore experience desirable as there may be an element of offshore work required on anchor handling vessels (AHVs) for this role.
- NDT inspection experience desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team