Marketing Executive - VR/22314
Share the stories from a distinctive destination in the heart of Aberdeenshire. We are working exclusively with Barra Castle to appoint an experienced Marketing Executive in a 3 day per week role with an initial contract duration of 6 months. If successful and mutually agreeable we would look to employ the successful candidate on a more permanent basis.
Barra Castle is truly unique. The Stephen family lovingly restored the castle and grounds which are now the heart of their business. Set in stunning Scottish countryside near Inverurie, this destination is the backdrop for life’s special occasions encompassing:
- The Barn – A stunning, sophisticated barn venue for weddings, family celebrations and corporate events overlooking Bennachie’s skyline.
- Barra Berries – Barra Castle is HQ for the family’s farm which produces over 500,000 punnets of strawberries a year.
- Farm Shop – Local artisan foods are sold from this retail outlet as well of course as the famous berries. This venue also operates as a café 7 days per week.
- Lodges – Conservation of the castle gatehouses created extra special accommodation for up to 14 people.
The successful applicant has responsibility for the marketing activities across all 4 of the Barra business streams and will work closely with business owner, Sarah Stephen.
The destination is the backdrop for many special occasions, moments that really matter to people from a life defining wedding, to a relaxing escape from it all or a cup of tea and cake with friends. Working at Barra Castle, you’ll be helping to make dreams come true, create memories and make people feel special.
Emerging from the COVID crisis, Barra Castle is at a milestone moment, planning ahead for the next stage of its growth including additional, custom-made accommodation. Working within a small team your opinions will make a big impact.
The marketing executive will support Sarah develop a new marketing plan and budget; manage marketing channels and tactics as well as create and execute marketing campaigns. The role involves brand management and building upon the strong social media presence of the business to drive future sales activity.
- Website management, Canva experience and previous experience of CRM systems.
- Proficient user of Facebook, Instagram and Mailchimp.
- Demonstrating results from social media marketing is essential with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and executive these ideas creatively.
- Very strong written communication.
- A people person – you’ll interface with many customers and deal with a high volume of customer enquiries. It’s important that you act as a brand ambassador for the business.
- Collaborate within a small, family team and work independently, often called to “think on your feet”.
- An “ideas” person who is also operationally effective.
- The role is based on site at Barra Castle.
- Access to a car is essential as Barra Castle is rurally situated between Oldmeldrum and Inverurie.
- This role will be for around 6 months, however there is a hope it will transpire into something permanent. This isn’t guaranteed initially.
- The role is part-time, 3 days per week with flexibility around days and start times to be agreed.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team