Material Hub Focal Point - VR/22855
A 12-month contract opportunity for an experienced Materials & Logistics professional to join a reputable E&P company as a Material Hub Focal Point.
As Material Hub Focal Point, you’ll ensure that materials and equipment are delivered to the platform as per planned work scopes and priorities are effectively managed. You’ll undertake a demanding workload and be required to work on your own initiative to manage daily tasks and requirements. This position is the first point of contact for operations and maintenance on any material queries and further operational support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all operations and maintenance materials arrive on the platform by the requested date via air or sea freight and that the planners are aware of any delay, enabling a robust work execution plan.
- Achieving cost savings by identifying and challenging unnecessary material and equipment purchases/hires and providing advice and support on efficient material management to colleagues.
- Responsibility for tracking, maintaining and providing status updates on materials using the Shutdown Activity Register. Complying with Shutdown Execution Processes for material control and management.
- Ensuring shutdown equipment and materials are returned onshore in timely manner.
- Project material planning, coordination and execution.
- Creating and reviewing shipping and material management processes and procedures, improving current working practices and problem solving to meet business needs.
- Providing operational support to onshore and offshore asset teams including Maximo training and Maximo administrative support.
- Reviewing Airfreight proformas, verifying it is the appropriate shipping method, providing approvals and dangerous goods guidance.
- Attending appropriate planning to understand business priorities and ensuring material requirements will be fulfilled.
- Ensuring vendor material invoices can be matched and paid according to company payment terms.
- Implementing continual improvements across the materials function and providing solutions to shipping and material problems.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, ideally with in the oil and gas industry. Experience of working with Maximo is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team