Mechanical Design Project Engineer (8-month Fixed-Term Contract) - VR/22643
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Project Engineer on a fixed-term contract basis for a Subsea and Offshore company based in Livingston, West Lothian. The fixed-term contract will initially last for 8 months and there could be scope for possible extensions, depending on workload and performance. The post holder will work on a staff basis with the company for the duration of his / her fixed-term contract, therefore a pro-rata salary will be offered - this position will not be hourly or day rated.
The Mechanical Design Project Engineer will mainly be required to work in the Livingston office, in order to manage the build, but there will be scope for some home / remote working when operational requirements allow. The successful candidate will oversee the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly and testing of new equipment. The company has been awarded with an exciting opportunity to build a new piece of equipment, and the Mechanical Design Project Engineer will be responsible for reviewing existing designs, optimising and implementation. The building of the kit will be overseen and managed on-site in the workshop.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, with a project bias, who has experience of working within a plant equipment design and fabrication environment.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, the Mechanical Design Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Creating models in 3D drawing software and create fabrication drawings.
- Issuing drawings to the on-site workshop, engage in reviews with the Fabrication Team and ensuring designs are implemented accurately.
- Preparing technical specifications, calculations and designs for CAD documentation.
- Evaluating, organising and prioritising work within the overall project schedule.
- Project managing and leading discipline Engineers, as and when required.
- Attending and chairing project meetings.
- Managing the mechanisms for progress monitoring and reporting against project plan – implementing corrective action, as and when variations from plans occur.
- Researching new materials and methods of development.
- Coordinating trialling, testing and reporting of assembled equipment.
- Managing procurement of components with suppliers to keep deliveries on schedule and make sure quality of products delivered is as agreed.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Design Engineering) would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Design Engineer type role, within a fabrication environment, is essential.
- Experience with 3D modelling for the production of fabrication drawings is essential.
- Experience with metal fabrication processes, dimensioning and tolerances is essential.
- PTC Creo Parametric and FEA experience would be preferred.
- Experience of working with cementitious mixing design equipment – such as concrete, grout mixers and pumps – would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to have previous experience of writing manuals and full document packs for equipment and offshore operations.
- Experience with grouting operations would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of working with equipment regulations for offshore equipment.
- Exposure to or experience of running the financial side of a project build – including preparation of RFQs, processing invoices and forecasting would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team