Mechanical / Hydraulic Design Engineer - VR/28746
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical / Hydraulic Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a full-cycle energy services company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The post holder will be responsible for engineering activities relating to hydraulic controlled valves in subsea and surface applications.
The Mechanical/Hydraulic Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing relevant engineering documentation in compliance with industry standards and company policies and procedures (design reviews, engineering reports, calculations, project specific scope of supply, P&ID’s, design specs, test procedures, etc.).
- Recording engineering documents into PDM system and configure as required.
- Actively participating in engineering meetings/design reviews internally, as well as with external clients and vendors.
- Liaising with other departments on work produced to ensure that all processes and procedures are followed.
- Managing engineering project interfaces to ensure design, delivery and agreed standard of work is done as per project/plan.
- Reviewing non-conformances/deviations for fit for purpose.
- Supporting operation teams and workshop during build, testing and operations of the equipment.
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical/Hydraulic Design Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should be proficient in using various software packages, such as AutoCAD, Mathcad and PDM systems.
- Knowledge of API 6A, 17D, 17G and NACE MR0175 would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team