Mechanical Maintenance / Production Supervisor - VR/21421
Responsible for the routine and ad-hoc maintenance of production plant and equipment, plus the day-to-day supervision of the maintenance workshop and personnel. This is a key post providing vital support to production as it has a direct impact on the Business Units financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing mechanical maintenance support to production.
- Ensuring all departmental performance and quality requirements are met.
- Controlling, coordinating and administering all mechanical maintenance activities.
- Controlling and allocating mechanical maintenance resources as required.
- Monitoring suppliers of goods and services ensuring quality of service.
- Providing supervision and direction for all maintenance personnel.
- Prioritising maintenance engineering activities.
- Proactively driving continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department and actively supporting those being implemented in other areas.
- Being contactable by company provided mobile phone during out of normal working hours.
- Ensuring permits to work are raised and coordinated for all maintenance tasks when required.
- Ensuring the pre planned maintenance for all critical plant and equipment are issued and completed within the appropriate time scale.
- Administrating the man-hours scheduling system on a daily basis.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Training
- Minimum ONC / HNC in relevant engineering discipline.
- Time served Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Proven track record in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Strong health and safety background.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of leading and motivating a team.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Flexible approach to working time.
- HND / degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- 5 years in a mechanical maintenance supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Played a lead role in implementing a CMMS.
- Overseen the training of mechanical engineering apprentices.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team