Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer – Pumps - VR/23202
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer - Pumps on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is an ongoing contract position and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Offshore visits / trips may be required as part of this role, therefore applicants must be willing to work offshore.
An onshore office-based role in the main, the Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer – Pumps will act as the technical focal point for all Asset pump related matters within the remit of their engineering discipline.
The Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer – Pumps will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing planned overhauls, breakdown and corrective pump maintenance.
- Monitoring asset pump performance and reliability.
- Ensuring that the correct priorities for all CNS asset pumps are being progressed, resolved and communicated efficiently to offshore and onshore management as necessary.
- Managing approved CAPEX and OPEX budget expenditure for all pumps.
- Ensuring critical and operational spares are sourced and held within company inventory.
- Interfacing with Engineering, Maintenance and Project groups on mechanical pump engineering issues.
- Supporting development, implementation and compliance with new and existing maintenance strategies.
- Witnessing pump strip downs, repairs and factory acceptance testing.
- Interfacing with Supply Chain department in terms of meeting contract requirements, raising purchase orders and adhering to procurement processes.
- Conducting vendor audits, assessments and evaluations.
- Conducting root cause analysis and reporting of pump failures where appropriate.
- Conducting periodic offshore visits to the CNS assets.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of offshore certification.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in providing mechanical support to pumps is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with all types of centrifugal pumps.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience of developing and updating procedures, Turnaround planning, as well as experience with MOC reviews and implementation.
- Experience with SAP, or a similar maintenance management system, would be highly desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team