Mechanical Technician (Pressure Control Equipment) - VR/28307
As Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for safely and accurately assembling and testing products, consisting of topside and other offshore equipment along with all accessories used alongside this equipment. Ability to use hand tools safely including tube bending equipment. You will support, improve and participate in on-time assembly of products through specific techniques as well as innovative idea generation and efficient problem solving. As part of a team of manufacturing technicians you will dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and providing products that are expected to be right first time on time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out assembly of topside and other offshore equipment.
- Hydraulic tube bending – with experience in small bore tube bending.
- Experienced in use of PCE Equipment.
- Operating designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Completing schedules, sequences and assignments for assembly line activities.
- Carrying out work instructions as given by Cell Leader, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
- Monitoring and controlling materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Maintaining assembly line performance standards, e.g. by monitoring gauges, dials and other indicators.
- Maintaining quality and quantity of production.
- Checking work via use of gauges, visuals and measuring tools.
- Maintaining an organised/visual workspace (5S understanding).
- Supporting key initiatives such as (on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality).
- Generating and implementing improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety, stop production for quality, and escalate concerns.
- Being familiar with and using proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone etc.).
- Being available for regular overtime working.
- Time served apprenticeship or HNC/SVQ Level 3 in a relevant subject (mechanical) (essential).
- Higher education in a relevant subject (desirable).
- National 5 Maths or equivalent (essential).
- Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment including the preparation of components (essential).
- Have a background in a mechanical based profession (desirable).
Skills, Training & Specialist Knowledge:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook) (essential).
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools (essential).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/schematics (hydraulic and/or electrical) (essential).
- Forklift and overhead crane certificates (desirable).
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team