Modifications Engineer - VR/29009
A leading oil and gas operator is looking for a Modifications Engineer on a permanent staff basis. This role is based in Kingswells, Aberdeen.
As the Modifications Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing assigned work through all phases to ensure objectives are being met with regards to HSE, quality, cost, AFE/budget management, and schedule.
- Engaging with supply chain to develop strategies, tender packages, contract exhibits, bid evaluations, requisitions and contract management plans.
- Providing validation of contractor and supplier invoicing prior to payment.
- Direct contractors through all phases of work required to execute activities. Managing contractor progress and variation orders as required.
- Ensuring all activities follow the Project Management Standard, Engineering Management Standards and VOSG Venture Ownership and Stage Gate Standard.
- Developing relationships and manage key onshore and offshore interfaces.
- Maintaining good communications with stakeholders for progress reporting.
- Preparing and presenting updates for Senior Management as required.
- Interfacing with project services in the preparation and maintenance of schedules, cost estimates, forecasts, risks and other reporting.
- Developing estimates/plans, prepare budget/AFE requests for approval, and support assurance requirements as required.
- Monitoring scope progress, manpower and budget with the ability to intervene and resolve / escalate where required.
- Ensuring technical delivery is aligned with the Engineering Management Standard, inclusive of engagement of Company TAs in review/approval of key documents, deviations and non-conformances.
- Managing interface management processes to enable timely and accurate sharing of engineering and project information.
- Preparing project specific governance documentation as required.
- Responsible for compliance with Company management of change processes.
- Managing readiness for offshore execution including integration with the company asset plan, operations support, project manpower and material requirements.
- Promoting knowledge sharing – share own project experiences and seek knowledge from other projects/ organizations.
- Managing regulatory permits and consents as required.
- Mobilising offshore as required.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
- Relevant degree, preferably in project management, business management, or engineering. Significant and relevant experience may be also be considered.
- Professional registration (Chartership) with a relevant engineering and/or project management institute preferred.
- Knowledge of all phases of oil and gas projects e.g. FEED, EPC, commissioning, start-up, handover etc., and experience with project sanction processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop an effective working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Ability to lead multi-discipline Contractor Project Teams.
- EPC contract and procurement management experience, inclusive of strategy development, tender processes, and change management.
- Experience in delivering projects and modifications. Brownfield modifications and a range of experience across topsides, jackets, drilling, and subsea systems is preferred.
- Experience working directly with operations personnel and procedures. Specific asset experience preferred.
- Self-driven and results oriented. Active collaborator with good communication and teamworking skills.
- Understanding of UKCS regulatory, industry standards and recommended practice requirements in relation to design, manufacture & execution of relevant works.
- Valid certificates to travel offshore.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team