Network Engineer - VR/21376
Currently recruiting for an experienced Network Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. Reporting to the Network and Security Architect, the Network Engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration and on-going management of the Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and perimeter security infrastructure in operation across the organisation.
The Network Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Adhering to Network and Security Architect infrastructure design and configuration standards for the installation, configuration and on-going management of the LAN, WLAN, WAN and perimeter security infrastructure across the company.
- Adhering to the IS call management process for the logging, tracking and resolution of problems recorded.
- Maintaining the integrity of security infrastructure and mitigating against identified threats and vulnerabilities, in order to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices.
- Providing assistance to the Network and Security Architect, in both design review and technical evaluation, for network and perimeter security technologies deployed throughout the organisation.
- Managing the firewall policies, rule-bases and application blades across the organisation. Designing and implementing new rules, as and when required, to meet business requirements.
- Developing and managing remote access standards, including client and site-to-site VPN.
- Maintaining consistency of device hardware, configurations, profiles, standards and naming conventions across the organisation.
- Maintaining proactive monitoring, logging, fault resolution, system upgrades, administration and maintenance, security, IOS patching, backup management / system recovery of the infrastructure.
- Producing system performance / capacity statistics and diagnostic information, as well as site ‘as built’ documentation for the supported infrastructure.
- Providing input into the planning, coordination and delivery of identified projects and activities, ensuring that all projects, introducing changes to the network and security infrastructure, go through the ‘handover to operations’ process before close-out.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Relevant HND / degree qualifications would be preferred.
- Professional technical accreditations from industry bodies would be preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is essential.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Network Engineer type role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the oil and gas industry, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience in the installation, configuration and ongoing support of network / security technologies and products, including, but not limited to, Cisco Nexus series switches (NXOS), Cisco Catalyst series switches (IOS), Cisco ISR routers, Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco WLCs.
- Experience with Palo Alto, or similar enterprise level firewalls, is essential.
- Experience of WAN optimisation, VPN configuration and network monitoring would be preferred.
- Experience with PulseSecure firewalls would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team