Occupational Health and Hygiene Advisor - VR/25886
Join a global oil and gas operator who are looking for an Occupational Health and Hygiene Advisor for a 12-month PAYE contract. This is predominantly an onshore role based at their office in Kingswells, however there will be a requirement for occasional offshore travel - therefore applicants must be willing to go offshore.
Reporting to the H&S Team Lead as the Occupational Health and Hygiene Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Offshore Health and Safety Team to ensure delivery of its strategic Occupational Health and Hygiene objectives, providing proactive and effective guidance, support and positive challenge to all areas of operations (projects, drilling, operations).
- Developing, reviewing, updating and implementing occupational health and hygiene procedures within BMS.
- Assisting in development, and successful delivery, of proactive OH and hygiene improvement and internal/external audit plans which seek to drive performance improvements, ensuring key responsibilities are identified, communicated and measured.
- Conducting regular audits across offshore facilities to identify OH improvements.
- Facilitating regulatory inspections with asset Health and Safety Advisors which involve OH elements, from planning through asset attendance during inspections to close out and effective implementation of identified actions, sharing across assets where appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, policies, guidance and best practice.
- Proactively facilitating enhanced collaboration and interaction between onshore EH&S and all other departments, including operational assets.
- Interfacing with the business’s Occupational Health Provider.
- Interfacing with regulators as required, supporting communications, dialogue and tracking of commitments as appropriate.
- Interfacing with core subcontractors to ensure that EH&S expectations are understood and adhered to.
- Interfacing with applicable industry organisations as and when required (e.g., Oil and Gas UK, Step Change in Safety).
Experience / Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a formal H&S qualification or Occupational Health/Hygiene qualification.
- Current Membership of a professional body (e.g., IOSH, BOHS).
- Auditing or inspection experience and/or qualifications.
- Experience in identifying and assessing risks in the areas of Occupational Health and industrial hygiene such as Ergonomics, Chemical, Physical, Biological.
- Experience of working under ISO Standards, including development of management systems.
- Extensive OH & Hygiene experience in supporting UKCS operations (greenfield and brownfield) – operational, projects, drilling – alongside supervision of personnel.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK offshore HSE legislation.
- Current offshore survival, medical and MIST certification would be preferred as the role will include regular offshore trips.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team