Onshore Wells HSE Advisor – VR/25307
Currently recruiting for an experienced Onshore Wells HSE Advisor on an on-going PAYE contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. This role will involve occasional offshore travel - therefore, applicants must be wiling to work offshore.
The Onshore Wells HSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- In association with the Wells H&S Manager develops the asset annual HSE plan and associated leading and lagging indicators appropriate to the prevailing risk profile and long-term objectives of the Wells Team.
- Actively supporting regulatory inspection programme acting as focal point for regulatory inspections as required.
- Supporting the Wells Team in developing a comprehensive risk register to ensure a robust demonstration of ALARP.
- Ensuring company procedures are in place and maintained to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with and ensures offshore are kept appraised of any changes.
- Supporting implementation of pragmatic risk management solutions to deliver safe and efficient operations.
- Ensuring supporting disciplines and resources deliver key products (audits, permits, studies, training, etc.), as agreed in the annual HSE activity plan.
- Supporting assets with Synergi / COMET, providing coaching as required and lead investigations when requested.
- Monitoring quality and accuracy of incident investigations, actions and close out – reviewing asset HSE performance, identifying trends and proposing solutions.
- Providing a focal point for communication with the offshore HSE Advisers and the onshore contractor community.
- Attending the rigs on a regular basis in support of regulatory inspections, investigations, audits or as required by the Wells Team in support of HSES deliverables. May be required to mobilise at short notice to support operations, this may include the need for weekend working.
- Leading / participating in audits and liaising with the Assurance Team to ensure delivery of the audit programmes.
- Participating in emergency response support as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Extensive UKCS onshore / offshore industry experience is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar onshore Wells HSE Advisor type role is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team