Operational Technology (OT) Engineer - VR/28486
We are looking for an Operational Technology (OT) Engineer to become part of our clients IT Department. You will ensure the smooth operations of all OT technology from drones to security systems. Collaborate with vendors, innovate with the team, and drive digital transformation. Apply today!
We are looking for an OT Engineer to work within the IT Department, responsible for providing assistance and support to the selection process, forming part of the Implementation Team, monitoring, maintenance and upgrading/ongoing improvements of all operational technologies within the business. The role will work closely with operational departments, maintenance staff and third party vendors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day running and monitoring of the companies operational technology, such as drones, phone/mobiles, CCTV, security barriers, door entries, environmental sensors, smart meters, AIS systems, radar etc.
- Providing OT technical support to employees and working closely with users to develop their capabilities.
- Responsible for technically assessing and approving changes of new technology and implementing new software/hardware as required.
- Documenting, supporting and repairing equipment using a helpdesk ticketing system and/or asset management system as appropriate.
- In co-ordination with the Information Technology Manager provide technical input to budget funding applications.
- Assisting in the implementing of allocated 5G funding, including selecting product and creating and managing the implementation plans.
- Assisting with the scoping, development, and management of OT projects.
- Working closely with the Innovation Team to enhance the business use of technology and drive innovation and digital transformation.
- Keeping abreast of developments in new technology and their impact on the business. Ensuring the Technology Team are kept aware and up to date of any developments.
- Responsible for managing contracts and building close working relationships with third party vendors.
- Ensuring the asset management system is kept up to date with the details of operational assets.
- Co-ordinating the drone pilots for ongoing training, licensing and insurance.
- Assisting in implementing new technology projects and participating in the port’s digital transformation strategy.
- Providing cover for the IT Engineer during periods of absence, as required.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experienced in a user facing support role.
- Enthusiastic, interested and has a practical understanding of OT and a desire to develop in this area.
- Hold a GVC and A2 CofC License for flying a 20+kg drone in the Specific Category (or willing to undergo training).
- Highly skilled in use of and ability to support standard Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Knowledgeable in using the latest Windows Operating Systems; knowledge of legacy systems may be useful.
- Knowledge of device management systems would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Microsoft server systems would be beneficial.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning and execution skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on technology.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting is also desirable but not required.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team