Operations Manager - Yard / Warehouse - VR/27263
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager on a permanent staff basis based in Aberdeen. Candidates should have experience working as an Operations Manager from a warehouse environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager who will work closely with the General Manager to ensure safe working practices, sound operational management and leadership. Specifically, you will promote and encourage safe working practices and initiatives within the workforce and competently provide operational management and direction to ensure maximum utilisation of resources.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assisting and working closely with the General Manager, with the profitability and development of operations, ensuring targets are met.
- Effectively managing the on-plan delivery of the budget for a section of business unit both in terms of revenue and expenditure.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with direct reports and Operations Team and setting clear objectives and accountabilities.
- Providing leadership and guidance to direct reports and Operations Team, challenging performance as appropriate in terms of capability and conduct in a timely and effective manner whilst enlisting support and guidance from support services including HSEQ and HR.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that staff are fully trained and competent in the execution of all tasks.
- Ensuring that service delivery is in accordance with contracted scope of work and / or service level agreements.
- Confronting issues of performance both in terms of capability and conducting in a timely and effective manner whilst enlisting support and guidance.
- Fully supporting a culture of performance management throughout the division where all people are assessed for competence and appraised on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the division is operating within all legislative parameters and corporate governance procedures and processes.
- Carrying out regular site visits and safety inspections (both planned and unannounced).
- Achieving set safety performance targets and defined KPI’s, ensuring safe working practices and implementation of safety initiatives.
Applicants to this role require
- Significant operational experience within a similar role, (preferably in logistics warehouse, transport, and quayside operations).
- A champion of change, resilient and able to push back as required. Critically however, the post holder must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in confronting people issues within the operation. A strong and decisive leader with a strong personality who can take challenging situations in their stride.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and motivate teams to get results and meet service delivery requirements.
- Able to interface effectively with customers at a senior level and to both meet and manage customer expectations.
- Commercially and contractually aware with the ability to create and manage budgets within financial parameters.
- A strong set of personal values which match those of the organisation and the vision of the business are essential.
- Experience of managing multi-discipline teams.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; high focus on customer service; excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Completion of IOSH Managing Safely.
- Completion of Top Set Lead Investigation.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team