Operations Support Engineer – Drilling - VR/23006
TMM Recruitment is currently looking for an Operations Support Engineer to be based onshore, in Aberdeen.
The Operations Support Engineer reports to the Operations Manager, and is accountable for supporting the region’s Rig Managers in focusing on rig operations as well as the general condition of an assigned rigs and associated equipment. Responsible for compliance to company standards and provides oversight to ensure all systems and equipment on the rigs are maintained to a high operational standard.
Actively promotes and complies with company safety programs and is responsible for ensuring adherence to company safety standards. Coordinating with other functions to establish shared goals which optimise the use of company resources.
Role as onshore operational responsible for lifting operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring adherence with company’s safety and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Participating in both weekly and operational safety meetings.
- Providing operational cover for Rig Managers when required.
- Supporting the Technical Support Centre and Rig Managers during periodical maintenance phases.
- Ensuring adherence to company procedures and policies.
- Root cause failure analysis and lessons learned process.
- Ensuring the preventive maintenance program is executed in compliance with company standards.
- Ensuring proper close out process of all action items with proper follow up.
- Supporting rig management in planning maintenance and capital budgets.
- Supporting Rig Managers with the 5-year plan and technical requirement forecasting for assigned assets.
- Coordinating and collaborating with Project Team on shipyard work scope.
- Supporting Rig Managers in ensuring general maintenance, operation, repair records and documentation are accurate and up to date.
- Assisting with maintaining accurate rig equipment records.
- Working closely with the Rig Manager around maintenance activities and evaluates potential impact to operations.
- Supporting management and tracking of equipment movement between rig, yards and workshops.
- Supporting class, flag and regulatory body requirements.
- Assisting with rig moves as required.
- Accountable and responsible for the talent review and succession planning process in the maintenance departments on the rig.
- Supporting the review of rig maintenance performance against performance measures; establishing initiatives with the team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Developing and implementing mechanisms to achieve effective communication, coordination of effort, information flow, and learning with direct reports.
- Focal Point with Enterprise of Competence and Engineering for MODUs operating.
- Providing Technical and Operational support when requested by offshore Lifting Responsible Person.
- Liaising with Enterprise of Competence and / or Engineering for high category lifts as required.
- Confidential Information and Uncontrolled When Printed or Copied.
- Liaising with Enterprise of Competence and / or Engineering for preparation / review of lift planning documents, technical integrity of lifting equipment and arrangements.
- Conducting Operational Assurance Protocols for Lifting Operations per Audit Program.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity.
- Bachelor degree within relevant trade or equivalent education. Experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Must have operational and / or maintenance experience in an offshore drilling operation.
- Process oriented and well organised.
- NORSOK R-002 and R-003 Courses, Basic Lifting and Rigger Course (Module O-1.1, O-2.2 &O-3.2).
- Offshore survival and medical certificates as mandated by government regulations are required.
Skills & Experience
- Integrity / Ethics.
- Customer Focus.
- Promote Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Adaptability / Flexibility.
- Problem solving.
- Good English skills, both written and oral.
- Able to plan and organise work tasks.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team