Operations Support Engineer - VR/23467
Currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Drilling Contractor based in Cove, Aberdeen. Although, an onshore-based role, offshore work could be possible - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore. A hybrid working model will likely be offered, whereby the successful candidate will work some days in the office and some days at home during the working week.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Support Engineer will be accountable for supporting the region’s Rig Manager(s) regarding rig operations, as well as the general condition of an assigned rig(s) and associated equipment. The post holder will be responsible for compliance to company standards and will provide oversight to ensure all systems and equipment on the rigs are maintained to a high operational standard.
The Operations Support Engineer will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring adherence with company safety and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Participating in both weekly and operational safety meetings.
- Providing operational cover for Rig Manager(s) when required.
- Supporting the Technical Support Center (TSC) and Rig Manager(s) during periodical maintenance phases.
- Ensuring adherence to company procedures and policies.
- Participating in the root cause failure analysis and lessons learned process.
- Ensuring the preventive maintenance programme is executed in compliance with company standards.
- Ensuring proper close out process of all action items with proper follow up.
- Supporting rig management in planning maintenance and capital budgets.
- Supporting Rig Manager(s) with the 5-year plan and technical requirement forecasting for assigned asset(s).
- Coordinating and collaborating with Project Team on shipyard work scope.
- Supporting Rig Manager(s) in ensuring general maintenance, operation, repair records and documentation are accurate and up to date.
- Assisting with maintaining accurate rig equipment records.
- Working closely with the Rig Manager around maintenance activities and evaluate potential impact to operations.
- Supporting management and tracking of equipment movement between rig, yards and workshops.
- Supporting class, flag and regulatory body requirements.
- Assisting with rig moves, as required.
- Accountable and responsible for the talent review and succession planning process in the maintenance departments on the rig.
- Supporting the review of rig maintenance performance against performance measures; establish initiatives with the team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Providing technical and operational support when requested by the offshore Lifting Responsible Person.
- Conducting operational assurance protocols for lifting operations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of offshore certification.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Operations Support Engineer type role, within a drilling / rig support environment, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role – directly with a Drilling Contractor – is essential.
- Operational and / or maintenance experience within an offshore drilling environment is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team