P & E Snr Planning Engineer - VR/27124
We are working with our client an E&P company based in Aberdeen who are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer on a 12-month contract which will be renewed on an annual basis on either a PAYE or Ltd Co basis.
As part of the UK Projects & Engineering Team, this position is responsible for the delivery of robust planning, scheduling & reporting of both greenfield and brownfield projects as well as decommissioning projects. The role also requires the successful candidate to provide the necessary inputs in support of a country strategic plan.
Internal & External Interfaces
- Project Controls & Support Teams (Cost / Estimating / Planning / DCC / Procurement / Commercial).
- Asset and other technical functions i.e., subsurface, drilling etc.
- Major Contractors (Engineering & Procurement / Construction & Fabrication / Subsea Pipelines & Installation / Transportation & Installation / Hook Up & Commissioning).
- Third Party Suppliers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing pro-active planning and schedule support in accordance with company procedures.
- Interfacing with and building strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Third Party Contractor Teams and Company Business Groups.
- Developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), complying with the requirements of company processes and aligned to Project requirements.
- Developing, managing, and distributing project plans reflecting various levels of detail within the integrated project planning environment.
- Developing, managing, and distributing various levels of performance analysis reports in relation to progress and productivity.
- Scheduling optimisation by proactively identifying opportunities, clashes, and threats where performance is at variance with the baseline plan. Facilitating meetings to manage the aforementioned through to agreement and resolution. Developing proposals for management approval.
Applicants to this role require
- Must have experience within a senior planning role.
- Experience within an operator (preferred).
- Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred).
- Sound knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Have planning experience covering full lifecycle delivery of both topsides and subsea works in greenfield and brownfield environments.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team