Paralegal - VR/28403
TMM Recruitment is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Paralegal for a leading energy organisation based in Aberdeen. As a Paralegal, you will be offering professional, prompt assistance to the Legal Department and the wider business. You will be instrumental in guaranteeing compliance to regulatory requirements while supporting the seamless functioning of the legal department. Your responsibilities include, drafting confidentiality agreements, aiding with the legal budget, and executing various legal administrative duties.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide professional, timely and practical support.
- Offer advice to the legal function and wider business.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements and legislation.
- Provide legal support services under the supervision of senior Legal staff.
- Supporting with legal activities for the North Sea and Energy Transition as directed by the Chief Counsel – North Sea and Energy Transition.
- Managing third party asset transfers.
- Reviewing, revising and drafting crossing and proximity agreements, confidentiality agreements and other straight-forward legal agreements, with support from legal counsel.
- Supporting the management of legal budget, billings and invoices as required.
- Supporting with compliance activities.
- Performing various administrative tasks required to support the legal team including licence book management, file management, commercial agreements portal and travel.
- Any reasonable instruction from the Line Manager.
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Understanding of oil and gas operations in the UK.
- Prior legal experience would be beneficial and preferable but not strictly required (training can be facilitated).
- Excellent interpersonal and strong initiative skills.
- Proficient planning and organisational skills.
- Maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Awareness of Business Management System (BMS).
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team