Payroll Assistant - VR/21624
Processing payroll for a large charitable organisation, the Payroll Assistant plays a supportive role in ensuring all aspects of payroll information are dealt with in a timely manner. This permanent position, located in Aberdeen’s City Centre would suit an individual who has a good general knowledge of payroll, including pension auto-enrolment. Please note that there is no onsite parking, although parking is available in the surrounding area.
The Payroll Assistant will hold responsibility for the following duties:
- Supporting the processing of payroll, including SMP payments, calculating sick and SSO payments.
- Processing expense claims.
- Assisting with pension administration and dealing with HMRC.
- Inputting payroll information and payments.
- Ensuring all payroll information is dealt with by respective deadline date.
- Ensuring all monthly records are retained for year-end audit.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Liaising with a number of external organisations.
- Ensuring payslips are paid in an accurately and timely manner.
You should be passionate about helping others and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation. Furthermore, you should bring an ability to problem solve and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ideally you will have experience working in payroll with exposure to sick pay, maternity pay and auto enrolment. It would be highly beneficial if you had third sector experience although this is not essential for the role.
You will join an environment where strong values of customer care and excellence are embedded and reflected in everything you and your team do. On offer is a commensurate salary.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team