Pipeline / Riser Engineer - VR/26383
Currently recruiting for an experienced Pipeline / Riser Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Contractor based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Hybrid working will be available and the post holder will mainly work within the following areas:
- Project support: Providing expert input to subsea projects to support implementation of new rigid pipeline and riser technologies, and to support critical areas of project execution.
- Technology development: Developing novel products, methods, and services to address new technical challenges and to optimise the way the company delivers rigid subsea pipelines and risers on projects.
- Engineering consolidation: Developing digital / engineering tools and methods to standardise and improve the way the company delivers rigid subsea pipelines and risers on projects.
The Pipeline / Riser Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Pre-execute studies to support front-end and commercial teams through the concept development, FEED and tender phases.
- Detailed engineering activities to support the execution of projects where novel products, methods and services are being implemented.
- Engineering support for critical areas of project execution.
- Management of work scopes undertaken by specialist engineering subcontractors.
- Development of business cases to support the technology development of new products, methods and services.
- Definition of technology development programs for new products, methods and services, including Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and associated development and qualification plans.
- Execution of development and qualification programs, including design, numerical simulation, concept and prototype testing to confirm system performance to the intended service conditions.
- Management of subcontracted supply and testing services at selected subcontractor(s).
- Preparation of qualification reports and third-party certification.
- Development of standards, guidelines and best practice to consolidate, simplify and standardise the way a subsea pipeline or riser is engineered.
- Development of engineering tools, including calculation modules developed in Mathcad, Excel/VBA, Python and/or commercial numerical analysis packages (such as ABAQUS and OrcaFlex) related to subsea pipeline and riser design & installation.
- Development of procurement specifications and tools.
- Participation in industry activities where appropriate, including conference presentations and publications.
Engineering / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a Mechanical, Structural or related engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Subsea Pipeline / Riser Analysis Engineer type role.
- Experience in engineering analysis.
- Experience in using industry standard engineering analysis packages, such as ANSYS, ABAQUS and OrcaFlex.
- Sound understanding of relevant design codes, standards and recommended practices.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in a Mechanical, Structural or related engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience with advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA), including complex non-linear FEA (large deformation, plasticity, contact problems).
- Ability to program in Python, VBA and Mathcad.
- Practical experience gained either at a pipeline fabrication site and/or offshore pipelay, or a construction vessel.
- Knowledge of linear elastic and elastic-plastic fracture mechanics.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team