Planner - 12 month contract - VR/27538
We are looking to recruit a planner for a 12 month contract on behalf of our client, a global provider of integrated operations, maintenance, modification and asset integrity solutions. Hybrid working is available to the successful candidate.
Coordinating the planning and scheduling of work activities across contracts and projects to ensure that project delivery needs are forecasted and planned to meet client and business goals.
Overview job description
- Developing and maintaining project plans and schedules with Primavera P6.
- Liaising with the delivery team to develop the project plan and review interdependent tasks.
- Reviewing and updating plan/schedule to optimise project duration.
- Forecasting scope completion dates and manning levels throughout the project phases.
- Reviewing manning requirements and attend POB meeting to ensure the plan is executed efficiently.
- Liaising with the Contract Delivery Team and offshore personnel on a daily basis to update plan and progress tracker.
- Revising planning based on information from the project delivery team (i.e. changes, growth to scope).
- Identifying, reporting and providing advice for problems faced executing the plan, for example resources, over runs, delays, clashes etc.
- Interfacing with the other business functions to assist the planning process.
- Producing and distributing weekly an updated project plan, asset and progress report.
- Supporting the regular planning reviews, client meetings, kick off meetings, tenders and close outs.
Applicants to this role require
- A good level of education commensurate with the role, for example; attainment of standard grades including English and a numerical subject, attainment of NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Project planning training in P6.
- Experience in Primavera P6.
Experience and Skills
- Intermediate level of planning experience within similar roles.
- Moderate knowledge of IT-systems, contract and procedures.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of project planning, tracking & reporting.
- Ability to mentor other planners.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team