Principal Instrument Engineer - VR/21465
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Instrument Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. Initially a 9-month contract position, the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
Reporting to the Instrumentation and Control Technical Authority, the Principal Instrument Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- General control of project work, including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting.
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance.
- Developing project functional requirement specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation.
- Carrying out feasibility studies and review design alternatives.
- Developing instrument databases.
- Participating in design reviews, including HAZOP SIL / LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Performing calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
- Managing the preparation of design deliverables.
- Developing the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs).
- Liaising with and managing interfaces with other engineering disciplines, including process, electrical, mechanical, piping, civils and architectural.
- Interfacing with client engineering representatives.
- Preparing subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, is preferred.
- TUV certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the Oil and Gas industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Principal / Lead Instrument Engineer type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience in both project and operational support roles.
- Experience with the design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team