Principal / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer - VR/23354
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Glasgow. In the long run this will likely be a predominately office-based role and there will be a requirement for occasional travel to customer / project sites.
The Principal / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer will manage and support engineering requirements for Company projects. The post holder will be responsible for the control and instrumentation design aspects of projects. This is a multi-disciplinary role, which is suited to a candidate who has experience with engineering design / specifications, as well as experience with generating scope of requirements for packages, and dealing with vendor package suppliers. The successful candidate will play an active role in the Company’s growing Energy Renewable (Hydrogen) sector.
The Principal / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with control and instrumentation, including instrument specifications, control logic, instrument wiring diagrams, alarms and trips and control systems both on DCS and SIS.
- Responsible and accountable for remaining within design budget and other design targets.
- Responsible for ensuring all items are designed, manufactured, assembled and commissioned and are fit-for-purpose.
- Identifying and supervising all technical resources needed to complete assigned work scope. Assigning and co-ordinating scopes of work, reviewing work done, and ensuring each resource stays within assigned schedule and cost targets.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to the assigned work scope, as set by the Lead Engineer. This includes, but is not limited to, conceptual design and layouts, design, fabrication and test activities, design packages / procedure preparation, approval of Scope of Work for third party services, and approval of mobilisation plans and procedures.
- Supervising and be responsible for activities assigned to third party contractors within assigned work scope. This includes, but is not limited to, Scope of Work preparation, the issuing of ITT and participation in the vendor selection process. Arranging or performing site supervision, when required. Reviewing and approving deliverables, complying with project targets and managing subcontracts.
- Responsible for onsite activities relevant to assigned work scope, when required.
- Responsible for initiating actions to prevent non-conforming condition or product. Initiating, recommending or providing solutions to non-conformances. Verifying the implementation of corrective action and ensuring that this has been effective in controlling further work until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected and the root cause resolved.
- Reviewing and being familiar with Engineering & Operation Department specifications, design drawing procedures and conform to the Company’s Document Management System.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Control & Instrumentation Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Previous experience in a similar Principal / Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer type role.
- Experience of working to instrument specifications.
- Experience with the development, identification, selection and programming of programming controllers / PLCs.
- Experience of producing wiring diagrams.
- Experience of producing cause and effect diagrams.
- Experience in programming Allen Bradley, GE and Siemens equipment.
- Knowledge of overall plant control via HMI, DCS and SIS.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards (ISO/ISA, BS EN, API etc).
- Experience of compiling project documentation.
- Knowledge of F&G, ESD and PSD systems.
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of control systems.
- Experience of producing wiring diagrams, I/O lists, loop drawings, interface drawings, junction boxes & cable schedules and instrument hook-up drawings.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience within the Renewables / Hydrogen sector.
- Experience of programming HMI and SCADA.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team