Principal / Senior Instrument Engineer (Operations) - VR/22273
Currently recruiting for a Principal / Senior Instrument Engineer (Operations) on a 6-month contract basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role, and they are ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The successful candidate will provide instrument and control engineering support to the Brae Platforms.
The Principal / Senior Instrument Engineer (Operations) will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing operations support, including maintenance, fault diagnosis, installation and modifications to field instruments, process control systems, process safety systems, fire and gas systems, and other electrical and electronic equipment.
- General control of project work, including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting.
- Reviewing client and international standards, and ensuring project compliance.
- Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation.
- Carrying out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives.
- Developing instrument databases.
- Participating in design reviews, including HAZOP SIL / LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Performing calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
- Managing the preparation of design deliverables.
- Working with Turnaround Team to plan and implement instrument activities in Turnarounds.
- Managing vendors and support contractors.
- Developing the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs).
- Liaising with and managing interfaces with other engineering disciplines (Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping, Civils and Architectural).
- Interfacing with client engineering representatives.
- Preparing subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
- Visiting offshore to perform trials, commission modifications, participating in investigations, and coordinating the activities of service companies.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred. However, an equivalent level of experience in a relevant role will also be considered.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- TUV certification would be preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the Oil and Gas industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Principal / Senior Instrument Engineer type role, within the Oil and Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role – directly with an Oil and Gas Operator – would be preferred.
- Previous experience of providing engineering support to offshore operations is essential.
- Previous experience in the design and operations of Oil and Gas installations – including DCS, ESD, F&G and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments – is essential.
- Experience in the planning and delivery of technical projects is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team