Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer - VR/23254
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Glasgow. In the long run this will likely be a predominately office-based role and there will be a requirement for occasional travel to customer / project sites.
The Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer will manage and support mechanical engineering requirements for Company projects. This is a multi-disciplinary role, which is suited to a candidate who has experience with engineering design / specifications, as well as experience with generating scope of requirements for packages, and dealing with vendor package suppliers. This role would suit an experienced Mechanical Engineer within the Oil & Gas industry who has experience with rotating / static equipment, as well as experience with compressor systems.
The Principal / Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with mechanical components, both rotating and static, which shall be reviewed and approved accordingly. This also includes, but is not limited to, documentation - such as specifications, procedures, calculations, reports, drawings, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all items are designed, manufactured, assembled and commissioned, and are fit-for-purpose.
- Identify and supervise all technical resources needed to complete assigned work scope. Assign and co-ordinate scopes of work, review work done, and ensure each resource stays within assigned schedule and cost targets.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to the assigned work scope, as set by the Lead Engineer. This includes, but is not limited to, conceptual design & layouts, design, fabrication & test activities, design packages / procedure preparation, approval of Scope of Work for 3rd party services, and approval of mobilisation plans & procedures.
- Supervise and be responsible for activities assigned to 3rd party contractors within assigned work scope. This includes, but is not limited to, Scope of Work preparation, the issuing of ITT and participation in the vendor selection process. Arrange or perform site supervision, when required. Review and approve deliverables, comply with project targets and manage subcontracts.
- Responsible for onsite activities relevant to assigned work scope, when required.
- Responsible for initiating actions to prevent non-conforming condition or product. Initiating, recommending or providing solutions to non-conformances. Verifying the implementation of corrective action and ensuring that this has been effective in controlling further work until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected and the root cause resolved.
- Review and be familiar with Engineering & Operation Department specifications, design drawing procedures and conform to the Company’s Document Management System.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline, is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Engineer type role.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing / Oil Service Company type environment.
- Experience with rotating and static equipment.
- Experience with different compressor types and compressor systems (experience with high pressure compressor systems would be preferred).
- Knowledge of international codes and standards (ASME, PD5500, BS EN, API, etc).
- Experience of gas handling and transfer projects.
- Project engineering / management of work packages.
- Experience of compiling project documentation.
- New product development experience.
- Experience within the Renewable / Hydrogen industry.
- Experience with the design of gas compression systems.
- Experience of carrying out stress and strain calculations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team