Principal Software Engineer - VR/22752
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Software Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a large oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working from home initially with a phased return to the office to be decided in line with government stipulations.
The successful candidate will join the company at an exciting period of growth and expansion within their software applications and range of solutions. In this period of rapid change this role will be part of a small, dedicated team focussed on software development of applications to ensure the best possible outcomes for the business and customers.
- Defining the technical architecture, processes and toolsets to be used by the Software Development Team.
- Ability to understand business needs and work strategically.
- Provide technical leadership and establish new projects defining the work to be carried out, the work breakdown and drive to completion.
- Define and implement the technical upgrade strategy and work packets for legacy applications.
- Work with other stakeholders, design, develop and maintain software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework.
- Be part of a team creating new applications as well as enhancing, upgrading, configuring and debugging existing applications.
- Provide technical support to customers, the support team and the wider IT team
- Deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure defects and bugs are fixed effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to and review project requirements and functional designs to enable quality test design to be achieved.
- Drive and shape best practices and standards in software development across the team to ensure high quality delivery.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a lead software engineer with the following technical skillset:
- C# full stack developer;
- SQL Server;
- Entity Framework;
- .NET, .NET Core;
- Web API;
- MVC; and
- HTML and CSS.
- Highly collaborative and strong communicator.
- Demonstrable experience in playing a key role in designing and implementing technical strategies whilst also looking after existing technology real estate.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing best practice and driving efficiency improvements within the Software Development Team.
- Canvas/WebGL/THREE.js experience is desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team