Process Engineer - VR/21859
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an FPSO Operator based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire.
The Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the technical focal point for all matters relating to production / process.
- Analysing daily reported production data, signal trends etc, and producing loss control data sheets and trend information.
- Analysing loss control data with a view to determining root causes of trips, failures etc, by liaising with other engineers and specialists, and proposing measures to avoid recurrence.
- Advising the Operations Superintendent / Asset Manager of any production loss control issues.
- Liaising with, and providing guidance to, offshore management, with the aim of maximising efficiency of overall production operations and individual process equipment availability, thereby ensuring set targets are achieved, or exceeded.
- Raising modification requests and reviewing technical content of RMs raised by others.
- Chairing the Chemical Steering Committee and attending Integrity Meetings, as and when required.
- Undertaking troubleshooting exercises on process systems, both onshore and offshore.
- Liaising with Operations Support Group members on production related matters.
- Visiting operational FPSO's at regular intervals and liaising with offshore management on production related queries.
- Providing assistance and advice, as required, to efficiently execute modifications and non-routine operations, including attendance at HAZOP's / HAZID's and safety reviews.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Chemical / Process Engineering discipline is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of offshore certification.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with HAZOP’s / HAZID’s is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team