Process Engineer - VR/26458
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a contract position that will initially run until the end of November 2023 - however, it’s a core position, therefore, it should be a long-term opportunity. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Process Engineer will provide immediate technical support to site operations for process upsets and front-line troubleshooting to ensure continual safe and efficient delivery of production targets.
The Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Analysing and resolving short term production / process issues, utilising appropriate techniques and liaising with other discipline support teams for additional advice and support as required.
- Providing process and operational assistance in the preparation, organisation and analysis of site-based trials. Issuing guidelines / procedures, as required, to ensure trials are controlled and carried out in a safe and meaningful manner.
- Proposing and justifying modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Optimising start-up, shutdown and intervention programmes to minimise production shortfalls.
- Creating temporary operating instructions.
- Analysing CGA equipment performance data to optimise the plant operating conditions.
- Member of ER Team.
Routine Monitoring & Reporting:
- Carrying out daily routine monitoring checks on production critical equipment and wells with the assistance of the Well Performance Engineer as required. Proposing changes, where necessary, to optimise the plant and wells to maintain safe and efficient production.
- Providing assistance to Environment, Production Chemistry and Hydrocarbon Accounting Teams in the gathering of data required for monthly reporting of emissions and discharges.
- Ensuring data is accurate and complete, correcting any in a logical and justifiable manner to ensure consents and permits are adhered to.
Process Engineering and Studies:
- Participating in process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
- Providing operational and process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Providing operational and process engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
Safety System Testing:
- Assisting with SCE testing, attending site where possible to ensure performance standards are met and defects are reported by:
- Gathering of data during and following testing.
- Performing technical calculations as required.
- Verifying the results against the OIAVS.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Chemical / Process Engineering degree qualification is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a working knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, as well as flow assurance issues.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team