Process Engineer - VR/26702
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in central Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The successful candidate will provide front-line process engineering support and troubleshooting, in order to optimise safe production and maximise uptime. Occasional offshore travel will likely be required – therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily surveillance of process plant and equipment to ensure proactive intervention and prevention of production losses.
- Monitoring and trending of safety critical elements in line with platform performance standards.
- Optimising the plant to increase uptime, reduce environmental impact and maximise production.
- Day to day support of production operations issues and activities.
- Providing operational guidance with respect to flow assurance for the asset.
- Identifying and conducting studies to improve plant safety, reliability and economics.
- Applying expertise to the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Ensuring that designated assets are operated within their design envelope, current best practice guidance and legislation.
- Maintaining and developing the process models for assigned assets.
- Ensuring asset operating procedures and manuals are maintained and up to date.
- Routine integrity interface, liaising closely with the Integrity and Production Engineers.
- Leading or assisting in the evaluation and technical assurance of local process plant modifications and offshore trials.
- Leading or participating in change management (MOC) process including leading risk assessments.
- Providing process troubleshooting, answering technical queries and making technical recommendations.
- Raising technical queries and produce scope of work for change requests to resolve operating issues.
- Conducting performance testing to optimise process variables and evaluate plant performance.
- Identifying environmental mismeasurements and non-conformances, rectify through mismeasurement process.
- Providing support to the Lead Process Engineer.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Chemical Engineering Degree qualification is essential.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Engineer type role, directly with an E&P Company / Operator within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team