Process Engineer - VR/28428
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in central Aberdeen. It is an ongoing PAYE contract position so it should be a long-term opportunity. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Offshore travel may be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The post holder will carry out process engineering activities related to operations, engineering and modifications associated with the asset.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing day to day process engineering support for the Asset Teams offshore and onshore.
- Appointed as process engineering competent person by appropriate Technical Authority.
- Identifying potential areas for optimisations of the asset process systems.
- Identifying and understanding production threats and opportunities, and working with the Operations Team in resolving and/or minimising threats and developing opportunities.
- Providing direction to other process engineers in the conduct of engineering activities to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible operation.
- Ensuring the quality of engineering deliverables produced by other Process Engineers for the asset are compliant with current and future offshore legislation, agreements, regulatory and company standards affecting maintenance and engineering activities, and are consistent with best engineering practice.
- Ensuring effective and timely close out of Synergi and ICP actions.
- Conducting periodic site process safety reviews/audits in line with operations schedule.
- Conducting periodic ‘cold eye’ observations (e.g., during otherwise planned site visits) and producing timely reports.
- Participating in regular performance management dialogue with Operations Manager.
- Reviewing and commenting on technical documents produced by vendors and third party contractors.
- Reviewing and responding to technical queries as required.
- Reviewing and approving shutdown leak test workpacks prepared by third parties.
- Reviewing technical queries in compliance with HSE26 (i.e., leak testing procedure).
- Participating, with Site Operation Team, in developing proposals to overcome deficiencies in existing process plan design.
- Preparing or delegating the issue for approval of Statement of Requirements (SOR) for engineering works.
- Responsible for the approval of vendors, third party contractors and main engineering contractor’s process technical documents in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the delivery and cost control of the agreed process study workload via delegation to site process engineers or process consultants.
- Preparing the review, and preparation of, new or revised site operating procedures.
- Participating in risk assessments, Root Cause Analysis, and safety operation assessments.
- Preparing or delegating preparation of AFE budget applications.
- When required, conducting prestart-up audits prior to completion of major project/modifications.
- Promoting technological innovations that can be economically exploited to improve safety or production performance.
- Providing process design and analysis to enable the safe and efficient implementation of modifications within project targets and assisting in the preparation of project/operational work plans.
- A relevant chemical/process engineering degree qualification is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Process engineering experience in both operations and design, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company/operator, would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team