Procurement Coordinator (Buyer) - VR/22541
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Coordinator / Buyer to join an oil and gas E&P company based in the Westhill area.
In your role as Procurement Coordinator, you will support the activities of the Procurement function and ensures the effective delivery of the teams’ strategies and full compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Securing best value from the marketplace in PO/SO transactions up to £100,000, via competitive tendering.
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors.
- Preparing Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages.
- Undertaking detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluations and direct commercial negotiation.
- Ensuring purchasing process follows fully auditable trail, attaching all relevant documentation / correspondence to purchasing records in system.
- Issuing purchase orders in a timely fashion, ensuring purchase orders contain correct contract rates and refer to correct contract terms.
- Liaising with Contracts Specialist for orders over £100,000 to ensure relevant purchase orders are placed in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Performance management of suppliers ensuring OTIF targets are reached and maintained continuously.
- Providing assistance with invoice queries.
- Liaising with all internal departments to ensure an efficient end-to-end process is in place for supply chain matters.
- Assisting the Contracts Lead, Procurement Supervisor and Procurement Lead where required.
- Providing Maximo / Oracle / Zycus training to internal stakeholders where required.
- Supporting the implementation and success of the new Procurement system, Zycus by facilitating all appropriate purchasing activity through the system, along with carrying out all additional administration it may involve.
This role will require you to participate in the department’s emergency out-of-hours on-call rota.
Applicants to this position should offer significant experience in a Buyer role within the UK oil and gas industry, with a high-level of procurement systems P2P experience. Experience of working in an operator / E&P environment is preferred, as is knowledge of the OGUK Supply Chain Code of Practice and other industry standards.
You should have excellent communication skills (written and oral), be a flexible and adaptable in your approach to work and have a high-degree of diligence.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team