Procurement Coordinator - VR/24727
Procurement Coordinator required to join our client, an oil and gas operator, on a 12-month contract. The company is based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen and offer a hybrid working arrangement.
As Procurement Coordinator, you’ll support the activities of the Procurement function and ensure the effective delivery of the team’s strategies and full compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Securing best value from the marketplace in transactions up to £100,000 via competitive tendering.
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors.
- Preparing Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluations and direct commercial negotiation.
- Ensuring the Purchasing process follows a fully auditable trail.
- Issuing accurate purchase orders in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with a Contracts Specialist for orders over £100,000 to ensure relevant purchase orders are placed in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Performance management of suppliers, ensuring OTIF targets are reached and maintained.
- Assisting with invoice queries.
- Providing Maximo / Oracle / Zycus training to internal stakeholders where required.
- Supporting the implementation and success of the new Procurement system, Zycus by facilitating all appropriate purchasing activity through the system.
Applicants to this position should offer significant experience in a Buyer role, ideally within the UK oil and gas industry. A high level of procurement systems P2P experience is also required.
A CIPS qualification, or equivalent, is preferred but not essential, as is knowledge of SAP/Oracle/Maximo or similar ERP systems.
You’ll need excellent communication skills, should be a confident self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
This role will involve participation on the department’s emergency out of hours on-call rota.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team