Procurement & Supply Chain Manager - VR/27940
Procurement and Supply Chain Manager required to join an Elgin-based textiles company on a permanent basis. This family-owned organisation has a track record spanning more than 2 centuries and places its employees and community at the heart of its actions and is committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
As Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of suppliers and subcontractors, covering raw materials, yarn, consumables and external manufacturing. You’ll also manage a team, comprised of Buyers, Material Technicians and Supply Chain Coordinators, tasked with ensuring that business-critical supply issues are resolved.
Your remit will also include the creation of new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to improve reliability, as well as negotiating commercial terms and managing supplier performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and implementing best practice Procurement and Supply Chain vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contributing to new business initiatives and projects and reviewing the impact on textile manufacturing activities.
- Developing clear accountability for raw material, yarn, consumables, and external manufacturing spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Supporting the development of a unified procurement strategy for all direct and indirect spend category and build alignment across the business to support execution.
- Leading the execution of supply chain strategies and plans.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process.
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics.
- Identifying business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Implementing and managing KPIs for each area of responsibility.
- Managing and coaching a high-performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Developing a strong sense of cooperation and teamwork with a focus on common business goals and KPIs.
- Contributing to the annual budget and forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals, as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in Materials Management, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity, or related field.
- Experience or knowledge of ERP, MRP, MPS, SAP and purchase order placement / material receipt, invoicing processes.
- Relevant degree and/or professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
- Ability to create / develop Commodity strategies and turning them into operational reality.
- Excellent verbal and written communications to all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Understanding or exposure of legal terms within a contract and exposure to framework agreements.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team