Production Engineer - VR/21836
Currently recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer on a 12-month contract basis for an oil & gas operator based in central Aberdeen. Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the Production Engineer will provide guidance on daily well production optimisations, as well as medium to long-term strategic management of the Brae Field well stock.
The Production Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Optimising the Brae well stock through daily well surveillance monitoring and troubleshooting of well performance issues.
- Generating, assessing and justifying well intervention opportunities and supporting the Well Services Team during interventions, to ensure a successful outcome.
- Long-term planning and justification of interventions and modifications, to ensure maximum value from the well stock.
- Identifying well / process plant production chokes and optimising production within plant capacity, individually, or in combination with the Process Engineer.
- Responsible for presenting at partner meetings, and to management, on well issues.
- Preparing for, and hosting, annual well work review.
- Working with the platform to ensure well tests are completed and assurance of well test results.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering, or Geoscience, degree qualification is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Production Engineer type role, within the oil & gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil & gas operator, is preferred.
- Gas lift design, operation and troubleshooting experience is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with a variety of well modelling software, such as Petroleum Experts Prosper and GAP.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team