Production Engineering Manager - VR/23242
Currently recruiting for an experienced Production Engineering Manager on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month rolling contract position - therefore it should be a long-term opportunity, and the client is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. All applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK.
The Production Engineering Manager will be expected to lead and continuously improve all delivery aspects of production engineering with the Company. He / she will monitor production, maximise the production capacity and will manage production threats and opportunities. The post holder will manage a team of Production Engineers and Production Data Specialists.
The Production Engineering Manager will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the performance management, recruitment, development, competency, training, coaching and mentoring of the production engineering discipline.
- Taking a lead role in ensuring effective interfaces are maintained between Well Services, Operations and Engineering Teams to help achieve production optimisations / targets.
- Ensuring that IPSC is maximised with existing well stock and is set at an appropriate level. Managing and reducing well production losses and managing locked-in potential. Maximising well production capacity available to operations.
- Delivering the Full Year Latest Estimate (FYLE) production forecast. Reporting production performance and variances against business plan and FYLE. Delivering monthly updates on production threats and opportunities against the business plan.
- Having ownership of the production enhancement opportunity hopper. Supporting Production Engineers to identify opportunities to enhance production performance, tracking them through to execution.
- Ensuring appropriate technical assurance takes place within the team, utilising team member specialisms, including conceptual well design, artificial lift design, well reviews, intervention opportunities, wells / reservoir surveillance and management, etc.
- Ensuring that well performance (Prosper) and integrated asset models (GAP) are maintained.
- Owning, designing and maintaining production engineering standards, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of surveillance of well and production performance, so that production volumes to wells are accurately allocated and well performance issues are understood and managed.
- Coordinating the well availability and reliability assumptions to be applied to production forecasts in the annual business plan.
- Supporting the well P&A planning by ensuring timely delivery of data for statements of requirements and input to the scheduling of P&A of wells.
- Ensuring completion of the quarterly annulus monitoring on all operated assets.
- Ensuring maintenance of a comprehensive well production, injection, pressure and temperature database.
- Providing input to field development, well design and forecast, as required.
- Custodian of production engineering software portfolio and make recommendations on the purchase of new software.
- Reviewing production performance and recommend improvements for NOJV assets.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A BSc/BEng degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Production Engineering Manager, or Lead / Principal Production Engineer, type role within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of managing a team, working across multiple assets and of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Considerable experience of production management processes.
- Experience of working in an Operator environment.
- Knowledge of production data management practices and systems.
- Knowledge of oilfield production chemistry.
- Knowledge of production / injection monitoring & forecasting, artificial lift, scale mitigation and well intervention.
- Knowledge of reservoir management and subsurface.
- Knowledge of Allocation and hydrocarbon accounting.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team