Production Optimisation Engineer - VR/23358
Currently recruiting for an experienced Production Optimisation Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract position and the company are ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. There could be occasional offshore visits as part of this role, therefore applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The Production Optimisation Engineer will provide petroleum engineering and well performance optimisation support to operated assets.
The Production Optimisation Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Daily well surveillance and optimisation of production and injection well stock.
- Identifying and implementing production improvement initiatives.
- Creating well start-up programmes.
- Nodal analysing, well performance modelling and network optimisation.
- Gas lift optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Production well test analysing and validating.
- Preparing weekly well information pack.
- Well allocation management.
- Zonal testing and allocating.
- Calculating Installed Production Capacity (IPC).
- Providing input to choke model and production loss reporting process.
- Flow assurance of production and injection wells (including scale and sand management).
- Supporting platform and subsea interventions (Well Start-up Programmes, intervention programme review and peer assistance in design).
- Petroleum engineering support to Subsurface / Development Team.
- Contributing to preparation of technical and commercial justification for well interventions and workovers.
- Preparing input for partner meetings and annual production reports (OGA etc.).
- Providing information for third party studies.
- Occasional offshore visits in support of operational objectives.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Petroleum / Reservoir Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Production Optimisation Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role – directly with an oil and gas operator – would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with a variety of petroleum engineering software, including the PETEX suite.
- PVT analysis and interpretation experience is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with production chemistry issues associated with waterflood reservoirs.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with rock mechanical issues associated with production and injection.
- Applicants will be expected to have knowledge of cased hole logging and metering principles, as well as their application.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with well and plant optimisation strategies.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team