Project Accountant - VR/25917
Project Accountant required on a permanent basis on the west side of Aberdeen. This is a fantastic opportunity for a cost or project accountant to join an ever-growing company making continued headway within the Oil and Gas industry and also renewables. Our client requires an experienced Projects or Cost focused individual who is competent using excel and SAP with similar experience in the industry or similar. Good analytical and planning skills are essential.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all aspects of cost control of assigned projects including forecasting and commitment tracking of man hours, procurement activities and vessel operations.
- Providing Project Managers with advice and support in financially managing their projects.
- Ensuring that SAP accurately reflects project costs and revenues to date, including any accruals or prepayments.
- Assisting the Project Managers in the preparation of monthly project and financial forecasts for assigned projects.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of a monthly financial sensitivity analysis for their projects.
- Analysing variances from as-bid financials by building a detailed monthly analysis of variances from prior forecast.
- Preparing month end project reports and review with Project Manager.
- Attending project / client meetings and provide relevant cost and financial input as required.
- Preparing and issuing, or managing the preparation and issuance of all project invoices, whilst maintaining a focus on collection of payment.
- Preparing project cash flows in support of the group's treasury requirements for cash flow forecasting.
- Developing effective interfaces with all project functions and contribute to improvement programs; build / enhance relationships with Project Managers to ensure communication and flow of information is effective; working with Project Managers to develop and improve reporting tools / systems and making recommendations to improve / enhance existing processes.
- Any ad-hoc duties as required.
Qualifications & Education
- Professional qualifications – Finance or Business-related higher qualification but in the absence of this and where a good level of experience in a related/similar role can be demonstrated this will be considered.
- It is desired that candidates should have a recognised accounting body qualification, show good awareness of relevant accounting standards and is committed to self-development.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team