Project Buyer - VR/28558
Project Buyer is required for our client who specialise in global manufacture, trade, and rental of equipment for the energy industry.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Portlethen.
The successful candidate should have a strong knowledge and experience of supply chain within a manufacturing environment, including the ability to understand technical drawings, raw materials requirements, and manufacturing techniques.
As Project Buyer, you will be focusing on sourcing and purchasing a wide range of mechanical components, subcontract parts and services, both in complex and off-the-shelf items and services.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Adhering to the end-to-end procurement and supply chain management processes – from receipt of requisitions to placing purchase orders - ensuring the department delivers the best possible price, quality, delivery, and terms to internal and external customers.
- Supply chain focal point for designated projects, defining a purchasing strategy and identifying the most capable suppliers within the Approved Supplier List (ASL) to meet project deadlines.
- Attending project planning meetings, identifying any risks or technical and supply issues, and overseeing the project(s) to completion.
- Monitoring and reporting supplier performance and conducting regular performance review meetings.
- Identifying and participating in cost reduction projects.
- Assisting with the contract review process ensuring subcontracted parts, raw material requirements and services are correctly identified, planned, and sourced for sales orders, which may include attending relevant sales and commercial project meetings.
- Action supplier non-conformance reports in a timely and orderly manner. This may include appropriate review and disposition, investigation, establishment of root cause/causes and identification and completion of related corrective actions to remove recurrence.
- Contributing to managing supplier risk control, which will involve helping establish effective supplier monitoring and on-going risk control with critical suppliers and supporting supplier audits where required.
- Assisting with the effective development and continuous improvement of supply chain procedures and standards ensuring compliance to relevant international standards and requirements which will include the effective management of the ERP system and related processes.
- Reviewing and evaluating engineering (ECN’s) and manufacturing change requests to subcontracted parts.
- Working with the full Supply Chain Department across the group to promote collaborative purchasing and standard practices.
Applicants to this role require:
- Degree in Business or similar relevant qualification(s) or extensive experience in similar role.
- Knowledge and experience of business ERP system. Ideally Microsoft AX or D365.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and high level of computer proficiency.
- Knowledge and experience of supply chain procedures.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the supply chain within a manufacturing environment.
- Financial and numeric literacy within a business environment.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualified or working towards the qualification Lean/6-Sigma/Green or Yellow Belt certification.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- High levels of drive and personnel accountability.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Logical thinker with structured problem-solving ability.
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team