Project Cost Controller - VR/26226
Opportunity for a Project Cost Controller to join our client within the energy sector. This role would suit an individual actively studying towards a professional accountancy qualification and holds previous experience within cost and project management.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Ensuring analysis and understanding of the project scope.
- Developing a common understanding of the tender budget through a review and analysis process with the relevant Estimator and Project Team members.
- Ensuring the transfer of the tender budget to the cost model to form the basis of future monitoring and control.
- Preparing and establishing the cost breakdown structure and budget elements which describe the full structure to be used in the cost control system and that align into the work breakdown structure.
- Establishing a project coding structure in accordance with the group guidelines taking into consideration the interface with the project planning function, where applicable.
- Ensuring full coherence and utilisation of the cost control system and that it aligns with the work breakdown structure for budgeting purposes and reporting key performance indicators throughout the project.
- Establishing and communicating processes and routines required for effective control and reporting during the project lifecycle to team members with consideration of financial and other compliance legislation.
- Ensuring the use of standard, appropriate templates for internal performance reporting.
- Ensuring familiarity and comprehension of the group.
- Maintaining constant awareness of progress of work by pro-actively collecting the necessary supporting material (planning and reports) and information from all reliable sources.
- Ensuring the timely coding, collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure, together with the budget holder(s).
- Ensuring the monitoring and reporting of project.
- Conducting reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and the production of project accruals.
- Producing short- and long-term cash flow projections in a continuous and timely manner.
- Producing audit reports and other audit information as required by internal and external audit teams.
- Preparing the project monthly status report in association with the Package Manager.
- Preparing close out documentation both internally and externally relevant to the function.
- Ensuring proactive methods in sharing knowledge and experience, raising areas of difficulty and concern and assisting in improving routines.
- Participating in estimating variations orders, preparing supporting data and documentation.
- Calculating and planning estimate to complete (ETC).
- Ensuring in-depth analysis and reporting of variances on a periodic basis as well as calculate on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring all costs are allocated to the right destinations (departments, contracting entities).
- Interfacing with budget owners on a regular basis to review commitments.
- Interfacing and establishing good working relationships with Parent Project Cost Controllers.
- Ensuring information is fed back to Estimating Department during project execution and at project closing whenever needed.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team