Project Design Draughtsperson - VR/24462
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Design Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen. This role would suit an individual who is in the early stages of their design / drafting career.
The Project Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing general arrangement, machining, fabrication and proposal drawings, as well as BOM’s, in line with company standards.
- Performing dimensional checks of other Draughtsperson drawings to ensure they are correct and are carried out to the necessary company standards.
- Creating drawings from concept.
- Creating and checking part numbers in MRP software.
- Creating and checking product datasheets.
- Revising existing drawings, datasheets and part numbers as required.
- Liaising with Mechanical Design Engineers, Machine Shop, Welding, QA and Sales Departments for verification of manufacturing drawings.
- Draughting accurate 2D product profiles or 3D models for the purposes of engineering analysis work and machine shop programming.
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date and are in line with company standards.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a Mechanical / Structural Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Design Draughtsperson type role within the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, as well as experience in the use of a CAD management system, such as Autodesk Vault or similar.
- Experience in creating part numbers and BOM’s in MRP software.
- Excellent understanding of geometry and drawing principles, machining tolerances and dimensioning principles.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD Inventor. 3D Inventor experience would be highly advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team