Project Engineer - VR/26728
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Turriff in Aberdeenshire. Based on the location, a full Driving Licence and access to a car is essential. This role would suit an experienced Project Engineer who has experience of working in service / manufacturing / workshop type environments within the oil and gas industry.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Prioritising assigned projects and ensure on time delivery.
- Engaging with all relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Managing the project to ensure all key milestones are met.
- Preparing documentation for equipment loadout and shipping.
- Ensuring regular interface with client / client systems as per prerequisite, whilst providing a flexible approach to ensure project requirements are satisfied.
- Providing regular and timely reports to all stakeholders on overall project progress.
- Responsible for specification, issue and return of all equipment and materials, inclusive of transportation requirements.
- Raising requisitions for required project materials, site personnel and equipment through CSAM.
- Providing technical support to offshore personnel, as and when required.
- Managing modification of equipment through Service Request Forms.
- Gaining customer feedback by using FPAL and attending client visits onshore, offshore and overseas as required.
- Arranging and witnessing client FAT equipment testing.
- Fault reporting.
- Merchanting / spare parts project coordination (ordering all parts, liaising with clients, organising delivery).
- Identifying training needs and submit TRFs.
- Creating and maintaining electronic project files and offshore work packs.
- Carrying out project briefings and debriefings with offshore personnel.
- Reviewing daily reports from offshore and projects.
- Creating and maintaining the project plan / tracker and ensure that it is clearly communicated.
- Ensuring correct paperwork for offshore is completed i.e., timesheets, daily reports, equipment timesheets.
- Available for on-call rota.
- Being aware of commercial implications within contracts.
- Continuously monitoring project costs against the agreed budget.
- Ensuring that all orders and contacts are completed to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all purchases, goods and services have an allocated PO.
- Checking, revising and validating documentation.
- Completing company / client audits, as and when required.
- Supporting the Sales Department with technical proposals and client meetings.
- Ensuring equipment designs fulfil company and customer specifications.
- Managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure best solution is provided.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within an oil and gas service company environment, is essential.
- Previous experience with back deck and mechanical handling equipment would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have either a mechanical, hydraulics, electrical, PLC, back deck or offshore operational background.
- Experience in reviewing specifications, preparing work packs and plans and managing modifications is essential.
- Experience in FAT, as well as the mobilisation / demobilisation of equipment for offshore / overseas, is essential.
- Previous offshore experience would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team