Project Engineer - VR/27478
Join a leading Subsea service company who are looking for a Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis at their office in Cove.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Team Leader, as Project Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the project focal point and liaising with the client, nominating third party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- Identifying risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimising its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff.
- Defining, managing, and driving the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements.
- Preparing project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to closure against an agreed specification.
- Preparing, checking and approving drawings, documents, part numbers, reports, technical notes and calculations ensuring that they meet the project requirements and technical standards where appropriate.
- Taking ownership of ordering material/services in good time to meet project requirements and raising material enquiries and purchase requisitions.
- Leading "Project Kick Off" meetings with the Design Team and instigating or actively participating in design reviews.
- Assisting operations/manufacturing and providing technical guidance where appropriate.
- Supervising site work, as required.
- Assisting in client visits/technical presentations as required.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in line with the relevant ISO guidelines/requirements.
Depending on the tasks given, the role of the Project Engineer might involve, but is not limited to, the following: -
- Attending/leading client and internal design reviews.
- Attending assembly trials.
- Planning and attending testing.
- Attending SIT.
- Attending client interface meetings.
- Translating client requirements into practical terms that can be implemented.
- Prioritising and organising tasks.
- Identifying problems and developing solutions and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- City & Guilds/NVQ qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline or HND/HNC in Engineering.
- Significant experience in a relevant or similar role with proven success.
- Experience of undertaking or acting as a team leader.
- Experience of successful client facing interactions is essential.
- Experience in financial forecasting in a project environment.
- Holding and leading meetings
- Experience in design and manufacturing preferably interfacing with production, quality and testing functions, ideally supporting offshore oil and gas.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team