Project Engineer - VR/27983
Join a Global Drilling Contractor who are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis at their office in Cove. Experience working for a Drilling Contractor and within a Shipyard Environment would be highly desirable.
As the Project Engineer, you would have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising/coordinating basic and detailed engineering to fulfil the project in accordance to the design criteria (as defined for the project, company policies and standards).
- Conducting and organising, if required, rig inspections to define project scope to meet project objectives.
- Overseeing the development of Project Work Breakdown Structure, specifications, and work scopes.
- Assisting Project Manager to prepare AFE and project plan.
- Interfacing and coordinating projects with Capital Projects and relevant teams.
- Preparing tender and issuing RFQ to vendors to procure new equipment in accordance with company standard.
- Providing timely and accurate cost and or schedule impact reports.
- Applying assigned contractual, regulatory and company standards to the prosecution of the work.
- Supporting Project Teams in the application of HSE policies and procedures within the terms of the shipyard contract and company contracts.
- Ensuring completion of projects and tasks as necessary.
- Accountable for tracking and scheduling Company Technical Representatives and/or company designated third party to attend Factory Authorized Tests (FAT’s).
- Assisting Manager in maintaining and overseeing project construction.
- Project schedule, plan vs. actual with emphasis on commissioning and monitoring equipment
- Monitoring final clearance of class and regulatory approvals from shipyards.
- Supporting weight control and incline activities.
- Providing supervision and guidance to all assigned staff and/or vendors.
- Providing highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Supporting marketing efforts.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) in Engineering. Major in Civil, Structural,
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Naval Architecture.
- 0 to 5 years work experience with Drilling Contractor, Marine Contractor/Engineer and/or Consulting Engineer.
- The individual must be able to work independently and within team environment.
- Ability to gather and analyse/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team